Department: Maintenance / Engineering
Plant Location: Dale, IN
Shift: 1st (6:30 am – 4:00 pm)
Responsible for in-depth troubleshooting and the repair, maintenance, and adjustment of all industrial production machinery and processing equipment, secondary trim equipment, and building systems. Must have the ability to recognize defects and possess problem-solving skills. Observes mechanical devices in operation to locate source of trouble and potential improvements. Must be required to maintain drawings in CAD and produce new parts as part of project upgrades. Inspects new parts to detect imperfections and used parts to determine reason for failure and/or necessary changes in dimensional requirements. Repairs or replaces defective parts as necessary. Responsible to insure proper compliance to safety and lock-out regulations, codes, and operating requirements. Position may require travel to other Spencer Industries Facilities to be Project Manager for installation of machinery and oversee upgrades. Performs other work as directed.
- Responsible for the design, development, and implementation of Maintenance and Continuous Improvement projects
- Function as a Project Manager for Large Maintenance Projects
- Must have previous training and/or on the job experience with 3D CAD Software
- Must have to capability to communicate with outside vendors. May be required to go to the vendors and inspect components as part of project updates.
- Ability to install, repair, and troubleshoot pneumatic and hydraulic circuits
- Ability to build Bill of Materials, monitor project costs, and be able to estimate costs based off of past projects.
- Must be familiar with thermoforming operational processes.
- Must have the ability to recognize defects and possess problem-solving skills.
- Generate Work Orders in IQMS as needed
- Act as a back up to help maintain and further develop Preventative Maintenance Program
- Travel to other Spencer Industries Facilities to be Project Manager on an as-needed basis for Projects.
- Assist with the implementation of a Predictive Maintenance System
- Previous training and/or on the job experience with CNCs (Thermwood a Plus)
B.S. degree in Engineering or related field, or practical experience in a manufacturing environment
Reports to the Maintenance Manager