Plant Location: Dale, IN
Shift: (10:30 pm – 7:00 am)
Pay Grade: ($18.35 – $23.87)
Responsible for in-depth troubleshooting and the repair, maintenance, and adjustment of all industrial production machinery and processing equipment, secondary trim equipment, mold shop machines and equipment, material handling and transfer equipment and building systems. Must have the ability to recognize defects and possess problem-solving skills. Responsible for the fabrication and installation of new and used machinery and equipment. Observes mechanical devices in operation to locate source of trouble. Inspects new parts to detect imperfections and used parts to determine reason for failure and/or necessary changes in dimensional requirements. Repairs or replaces defective parts as necessary. Responsible to insure proper compliance to safety and lock-out regulations, codes, and operating requirements. May direct the activities and training of Maintenance Helper Trainees, and Preventive Maintenance job classifications. Performs other work as directed.
All applicants will be required to take a Maintenance Aptitude test that will check basic maintenance knowledge of the Specific Duties listed below.
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints, schematic diagrams, operating manuals, and manufacturer’s specifications
- Must have the ability to understand, troubleshoot, and install single and 3-phase electrical power, and controls circuits including 480 volt service using a digital multi-meter.
- Must have the ability to troubleshoot, install, and repair pneumatic and hydraulic circuits.
- Ability to fabricate metal using an acetylene torch and MIG welding techniques a plus.
- Understanding of PLC’s, troubleshooting. Program Logic, Circuits, and drives a plus.
- Understanding of common plumbing practices a plus.
- Understanding of Thermoforming and/or Extrusion operational process a plus.
An A.S. Degree in a related field, or practical experience in industrial maintenance. Applicants with specific maintenance experience and qualifications will be considered before internal applicants with seniority but no maintenance experience.
Reports to the Maintenance Supervisor