This a multi-craft position that requires a working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and PLCs (Allen Bradley preferred). The position provides preventative maintenance, routine, and emergency support to the production machinery and the facility in an industrial environment. Must have the ability to recognize defects and possess problem-solving skills. Responsibilities include, but not limited to, electrical and mechanical troubleshooting, plumbing, equipment rebuilding, and mechanical fabrication, reading electrical and mechanical prints, and setting up precision CNC machinery. Performs other work as directed.
- Must be able to troubleshoot PLCs, program logic, circuits, and drives – Allen Bradley preferred.
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints, schematic diagrams, operating manuals, and manufacturer’s specifications.
- Must have the ability to understand, troubleshoot, and install single and 3-phase electrical power, and controls circuits including 480 volt service using a digital multi-meter.
- Must have the ability to troubleshoot, install, and repair pneumatic and hydraulic circuits.
- Ability to fabricate metal using an acetylene torch and MIG welding techniques a plus.
- Understanding of common plumbing practices a plus.
- Understanding of the Thermoforming process a plus.
An A.S. Degree in a related field, or practical experience in industrial maintenance.
Reports to the Maintenance Supervisor