Department: Tool Shop
Assists the Tool Shop Manager in all administrative functions of the department. Maintains records, checks patterns to print, and tracks progress of new tools and repairs to existing tools. Must be skilled in blue print reading, general machining processes, MIG/TIG welding, using precision measuring equipment, and using CAD drawing technology. Works closely with Engineering, Production, and Sales.
- Hand sketches tool layouts for in house or vendor use
- Prepares tool specification sheets for vendors
- Assists in quoting new tools and changes to existing tools
- Prepares check lists for tool inspections and performs inspections of tool to print
- Assists in dimension checks for new tools and changes to existing tools
- Assists in die and fixture design 7. Maintains file of red-tag repairs
- Maintains documentation and written records of all tools
- Performs various other duties as directed by the Tool Shop Manager.
Tool Shop Fixture Maker
A.S. degree in a related field or practical experience
Reports to the Tool Shop Manager