This job is located in our Elyria, OH plant.
Pay Grade: VI ($18.59 – $24.18)
Shift: 1st (6:30 am – 3:00 pm)
Responsible for in-depth troubleshooting and the repair, maintenance, and adjustment of all industrial production machinery and processing equipment, secondary trim equipment, mold shop machines and equipment, material handling and transfer equipment and building systems. Must have the ability to recognize defects and possess problem-solving skills. Responsible for the fabrication and installation of new and used machinery and equipment. Observes mechanical devices in operation to locate source of trouble. Inspects new parts to detect imperfections and used parts to determine reason for failure and/or necessary changes in dimensional requirements. Repairs or replaces defective parts as necessary. Responsible to insure proper compliance to safety and lock-out regulations, codes, and operating requirements. May direct the activities and training of Maintenance Helper Trainees, and Preventive Maintenance job classifications. Performs other work as directed.
- Must be able to troubleshoot single and 3-phase electrical power and control circuits including 480 volt service using a Digital Multi-Meter.
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints, schematic diagrams, operating manuals, and manufacturer’s specifications
- Must have the ability to install, repair, and troubleshoot pneumatic and hydraulic circuits.
- Must have the ability to fabricate and repair mechanical apparatuses and building structures.
- Must be familiar with common welding techniques.
- Must have a working knowledge of common plumbing practices.
- Must have a working knowledge of metal fabrication practices.
- Must be able to repair and troubleshoot minor industrial truck and other materials handling equipment problems
- Ability to troubleshoot Programmable Logic Controllers, program logic, circuits and drives a plus – preferably Allen Bradley.
- Familiarity with thermoforming operational processes a plus.
- Familiarity with CNC machining a plus – preferably Thermwood.
- Must be willing to travel to Dale, IN plant for training.
An A.S. Degree in a related field, or practical experience in industrial maintenance