Plant Location: Wapello, Iowa
Pay Grade: Pay is commensurate to experience
Shift: 1st (6:30 am – 3:00 pm)
This position is considered a working supervisor position as this position does include working on breakdowns, assisting with machinery upgrades, and installations. Supervises the activities of hourly personnel in the daily maintenance of buildings, machinery, and equipment, on the assigned shift. Responsible for in-depth troubleshooting and the repair, maintenance, and adjustment of all industrial production machinery and processing equipment, secondary trim equipment, material handling and transfer equipment and building systems. Must have the ability to recognize defects and possess problem-solving skills. Observes mechanical devices in operation to locate source of trouble. Repairs or replaces defective parts as necessary. Responsible to insure proper compliance to safety and lock-out regulations, codes, and operating requirements.
- Responsible for the quantity and quality of work performed on the assigned shift.
- Assist mechanics in trouble shooting machine and equipment problems.
- Ensure that the department has the necessary tools and equipment to complete assigned jobs.
- Responsible for training of subordinates, including safe work practices.
- Assist in plant shut down and start up situations.
- Make recommendations regarding manpower, or overtime work required.
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints, schematic diagrams, operating manuals, and manufacturer’s specifications
- Must have the ability to understand, troubleshoot, and install single and 3-phase electrical power, and controls circuits including 480 volt service using a digital multi-meter.
- Must have the ability to troubleshoot, install, and repair pneumatic and hydraulic circuits.
- Ability to fabricate metal using an acetylene torch and MIG welding techniques a plus.
- Understanding of PLC’s, troubleshooting. Program Logic, Circuits, and drives a plus.
- Understanding of common plumbing practices a plus.
Qualified Maintenance Personnel
A.S. degree in an electrical or mechanical field, or practical maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment
Reports to the Maintenance Manager