Department: Office – Customer Service
Plant Location: Dale, IN
Day Shift Position
Responsible for processing customer purchase orders and shipment schedules in an efficient and timely manner. This position requires very good inter-personal skills, as it is essential that a good relationship be maintained with all assigned customers. Good computer skills and good communication skills are required. The job entails constant coordination with Production, Engineering, and Shipping, so that customer on-time delivery expectations can be met. Must be knowledgeable of each customer’s product line.
- Enters or verifies that customer purchase orders / customer releases are entered into the IQMS system.
- Abide by the company’s quoted price breaks and lead times when accepting orders.
- Must have a proactive approach in monitoring accounts that utilizes a supplier managed inventory agreement (Min / Max / ROQ process).
- Monitor the status of customer orders on the production schedule and alert scheduler of necessary changes
- Update customer selling prices in IQMS, as needed
- Work with our Shipping Department to make sure finished goods are shipped on-time to meet our customer expectations
- Electronically prepare pick lists thru IQMS for the Shipping Dept., and Advance Shipping Notices, as required.
- Resolve quantity, part number, and pricing differences with the customer, and follow up with accounting to correct related billing errors.
- Must maintain a positive and professional approach, especially when dealing with our Customers
Customer Service Representative or Customer Service Manager
Associates Degree in a related field and/or practical experience in customer service
Reports to the Customer Service Manager