Plant Location: Dale, IN
Pay Grade: 4A ($17.22-$19.29)
Shift: C or D (6:30 pm – 6:30 am)
We will select one candidate to train on A Shift (6:30 am – 6:30 pm) and go to C or D after training is complete.
We will select another candidate that will go straight to C or D Shift and train there.
12 hour Extrusion employees will get the $1.25/hr shift premium. Employees on the off shifts also receive a $1.50/hr shift premium.
Must have mechanical ability and be able to read, monitor and understand various measures, gauges and instruments. Must learn to set-up and operate Extrusion Machinery in a prescribed period of time in order to progress to operator’s status. Very heavy lifting is required daily. Must be physically able to carry heavy loads up stairways and ladders. Performs other work as directed by Supervisor. Must complete Work Keys testing requirements.
- Teardown, setup, and maintain all equipment systems (non-electrical).
- Operate and monitor extruders during production of plastic sheet.
- Perform quality checks on extruded material.
- Band and barcode finished skids of extruded sheet.
- Perform standardized work per the Manufacturing Plan’s Process Methods.
- Perform all necessary IQMS/Shop Data operations.
- Perform other tasks as directed by the lead operator or shift supervisor.
Extrusion Lead Operator or Extrusion Supervisor
An A.S. Degree in a related field, or practical experience in Extrusion.
Reports to the Extrusion Supervisor