Plant Location: Dale, Indiana
Shift: 2nd (2:30 am – 11:00 pm)
Pay Grade: This is a salaried position
Assists the Shift Supervisor in directing production in an efficient manner in the assigned cells, employing the company’s 6S and Lean Manufacturing principles. Is responsible for all safety, quality, training, and housekeeping standards on a daily basis for the assigned shift. Supervises and directs the work of Cell Supervisors and hourly production personnel. Must be very familiar with the production process and make suggestions as to process improvements. Must be knowledgeable of the machinery and equipment in the cell, and must be capable of operating such machines.
- Supervises thermoforming production in cells which may include machines such as rotaries, shuttles, inlines, CNC’s, stamp presses, and saws
- Meets production quantity goals according to schedule and in accordance with established quality standards; monitor product cycle times and material scrap
- Communicates with the Shift Supervisor regarding manpower status and makes recommendations for reductions or additions of personnel, or for the need of overtime to meet production schedules
- Observe, detect, and analyze production and quality problems and implement corrective action
- Reprimand, discipline, or terminate subordinate employees in accordance with company policies
- Monitor the condition of all assigned machinery and equipment and make suggestions for repairs, upgrades, or additions
- Responsible for accurate production record keeping and reporting
- Performs Shift Supervisor duties as required.
Qualified Thermoforming Supervisor
A.S. degree or practical experience in thermoformed plastics processing
Reports to the Shift Supervisor