Plant Location: Dale, Indiana
Shift: 1st (6:30 am – 3:00 pm)
Pay Grade: IA ($12.09-$14.45)
Responsible for performing box audits of finished goods material located in the Quality stage area. Box audits to be performed will cover general appearance specification, box counts, correct packaging and correct trim style. The inspection will be a lot inspection but as problems are found, could turn into a 100% inspection of the problem part. Parts to be packed are clean and packed to eliminate damage during shipment. Paperwork required will be to view the Manufacturing Plan on computer and filling out a daily log sheets of the product inspected. Tools to be used vary depending on the repair needing to be completed to salvage a part: deburr tool, sanding block, buffing disc, utility knife, torch, cleaners, etc.
- Be able to drive a utility truck to move material and load onto a truck.
- Be able to access a Manufacturing Plan from the computer.
- Inspect finish goods material. Open boxes, verify counts, product packed per the Manu. Plan, appearance acceptable per the Manu. Plan.
- Rework or repair damage product found during an audit. If unable to repair, save the part for Supervision to view.
- If issues are found where product does not meet the Manufacturing Plan, contact the Quality Supervisor.
- Band with plastic or metal banding, wrap product to prevent shipping damage.
- Repack parts as needed.
- Any other work as directed by Supervisor
Practical experience in manufacturing
Reports to Quality Supervision