Plant Location: Dale, IN
Pay Grade: This is a salaried position
Shift: 1st (6:30 am – 4:00 pm)
Assists Production in developing, designing and implementing manufacturing methods and processes that support product quantity and quality goals. Analyzes and improves the production process and production flow. Must have a working knowledge of programmable machine controls, hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical, and mechanical devices and processes. Must be computer literate and knowledgeable of various types of plastic materials and their specific properties. PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) will be provided and required per the Employee Handbook
- Analyze ways to improve the production process or flow of production
- Must be proficient in performing time studies of processes.
- Trouble-shoot production bottlenecks
- Special attention given to launch of new products
- Train hourly personnel in the use of machines and equipment, including all necessary safety precautions
- Work with Engineering, quality, and production on new and existing product development
- Must be able to develop new forming recipes
- Must have the ability to understand and execute a machine set up
- Must have the ability to troubleshoot 6 axis CNC programs
- Document all process changes and follow up to confirm achievement of desired on-going results
- Job may require minimal travel to customer or supplier or satellite facility.
- Performs various other duties as directed by the Continuous Improvement Manager/Manufacturing Engineering Manager.
B.S. or A.S. degree in the Engineering or Manufacturing field, or practical experience in a machine intensive manufacturing environment
Reports to the Continuous Improvement/Manufacturing Engineering Manager