Plant Location: Dale, IN
Shift: 1st (6:30 am-3:30 pm)
Works directly with the Controls Engineer for overseeing plant manufacturing machine controls and systems. Must be knowledgeable of the electrical and electronic aspects of plant facilities and equipment, and related safety precautions for all employees who operate equipment. Must be proficient in the use of computers and requires experience with a variety of PLC, OIT, and DCS Systems, including wireless networking.
- Experience with electrical redesign and installation of new controls and components on existing equipment.
- Troubleshoots electrical, electronic circuits, PLC’s, and VFD’s.
- Works with and trains Maintenance personnel on troubleshooting problems with machines.
- Works with and trains Production and Engineering personnel in the operation of electronic controls and safety devices.
- Programs logic changes and robotics applications.
- Constantly monitors the working status of all control equipment and recommends repairs, upgrades, and purchases of new control equipment where necessary.
- Knowledge of developing and maintaining methods for collecting machine performance and statistical information.
- Generates electrical schematics and drawings for existing and new equipment.
- Some Travel Requirements for installation, start up, or project upgrades at other facilities
- May report to 1st Shift Maintenance Supervisor at times if no major ongoing projects or training
A.S. degree in the electrical or electronic field, or practical experience in a machine intensive manufacturing environment
Reports to the Maintenance Manager