Plant Location: Hampton, South Carolina
Directs daily thermoforming production on 1st Shift with oversight on the night shifts. Responsible for meeting production goals in accordance with established quality standards, promoting adherence to safety rules, and employing the company’s 6S and Lean Manufacturing principles. Must be knowledgeable of all assigned machinery and equipment, and must be knowledgeable of the production process. Works closely with and gives guidance to all plant employees.
- Oversees all aspects of daily thermoforming production and personnel issues, on the assigned shift.
- Works with all plant personnel to meet daily production goals in accordance with established quality standards
- Monitors product cycle times and material yield
- Works with QA, Engineering, Extrusion, Production Scheduling, and Maintenance to address problems with production or equipment
- Communicates with the Plant Manager regarding manpower status and/or the need for overtime to meet production schedules
- Monitors the condition of all production machinery and equipment and makes suggestions for repairs, upgrades, or replacement
- Responsible for accurate production record keeping and reporting
- Evaluates, guides, and trains subordinate employees
- Reprimands, disciplines, or terminates subordinate employees in accordance with company policies
- Must have strong personal skills and possess the attributes and passion to eventually manager all aspects of the South Carolina facility.
B.S. or A.S. degree (preferably a mechanical degree) or practical experience in thermoformed plastics manufacturing
Reports to the Plant Manager