Plant Location: Dale, IN
Shift: 1st Shift (6:30 am – 3:00 pm)
Pay Grade: ($26 – $32)
Responsible for in-depth troubleshooting and the repair, maintenance, and adjustment of all industrial production machinery and processing equipment, secondary trim equipment, mold shop machines and equipment, material handling and transfer equipment and building systems. Has special training for troubleshooting and repairing CNC Machines. Must have the ability to recognize defects and possess problem-solving skills. Responsible for the fabrication and installation of new and used machinery and equipment. Observes mechanical devices in operation to locate source of trouble. Inspects new parts to detect imperfections and used parts to determine reason for failure and/or necessary changes in dimensional requirements. Repairs or replaces defective parts as necessary. Responsible to insure proper compliance to safety and lock-out regulations, codes, and operating requirements. May direct the activities and training of Maintenance Helper Trainees, and Preventive Maintenance job classifications. Performs other work as directed.
- Ability to understand and troubleshoot single and 3-phase electrical power and control circuits including 480 volt service.
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints, schematic diagrams, operating manuals, and manufacturer’s specifications
- Program and troubleshoot electronic programmable controllers, circuits, and drives.
- Ability to install, repair, and troubleshoot pneumatic and hydraulic circuits.
- Must be able to arc and acetylene weld and learn MIG and TIG welding methods.
- Must be familiar with thermoforming and extrusion operational processes.
- Must have the ability to fabricate and repair mechanical apparatuses and building structures.
- Must have a working knowledge of common plumbing practices.
- Must have a working knowledge of common refrigeration practices.
- Must have a working knowledge of metal fabrication practices.
- Must be able to repair and troubleshoot minor industrial truck and other materials handling equipment problems
An A.S. Degree in a related field, or practical experience in industrial maintenance. Applicants with specific maintenance experience and qualifications will be considered before internal applicants with seniority but no maintenance experience.
Reports to the Maintenance Supervisor